Human Resources Assistant
RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
RedShelf’s Human Resources Assistant is responsible for the support of the Human Resources Department. Our immediate need for our team is someone with a passion for growing their HR career starting with a focus on recruiting. We predict an estimated personnel growth of 70% by the end of 2019 thus need assistance growing our staff. The ideal candidate will be someone with exceptional creativity and interpersonal skills to help us grow and nurture RedShelf’s staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- It’s simple…recruit and retain top talent for RedShelf’s industry leading products
- Review resumes and online profiles to proactively reach out to the best talent in the market
- Responsible for phone screens and coordinating interviews with team members
- Develop and nurture potential leads by attending and hosting events within the startup community
- Perform administrative work as necessary for the Human Resources department
- Assist HR with our employee engagement functions
- Be a RedShelf Ambassador
- A deep passion for people is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, communications, marketing or equivalent field
- Recruiting experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong knowledge of ATSs (preferably JazzHR), LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience creating recruiting and sourcing plans
- Passion and excitement for the overall HR function
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships / people networks
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.