Human Resources Business Partner
- Coach and provide guidance on employee relations for a wide range of issues. May include conducting investigations in response to issues and recommend/implement course of action based on investigation results.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the business strategy, goals and objectives and support organizational changes by developing and implementing appropriate change management plans.
- Own the performance management process for your client teams to ensure employees and managers are trained on the performance management processes and work with management to facilitate goal setting and development plans.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed.
- Be an impartial steward for the organization advocating for employees and the business, and modeling company values.
- Design and deliver targeted solutions, including strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Strong communication and influencing skills; effective listener, ability to connect and influence actions and outcomes with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Track record of strong business partnership within a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- HR subject matter expert: you have in-depth knowledge of hr laws, strategies, policies, and practices.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Minimum of 5+ years of Human Resources experience in a technology related environment
- Dedicated leader in putting ideas into practice and assessing results
- Demonstrable experience with Google applications
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, org planning, performance management, business advising, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture carrier, employee engagement, coaching and development, conflict resolution, recruiting, data analysis, and employee relations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to a company’s evolving stages and needs
Come change how the world works. At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance. Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.