Human Resources Business Partner
Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Summary of the Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner serves as a liaison between employees/managers of a business unit, division and the corporate human resources function. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal business support. This is a full time exempt position.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Business Partner
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Provides consultative guidance and coaching to managers and employees on human resources-related matters, ensuring alignment with corporate policies, goals, and objectives. .
- Conducts employee orientations and implements organizational development, workforce or succession planning, training, or performance management strategies as developed by the parent organization.
- Assists in recruiting or administration of compensation and benefit programs.
- Partners with HR group to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Partners with business unit leaders to develop goals and KPIs.
Competencies of the Human Resources Business Partner
- Demonstrate the ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive strategic direction
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with high volume workload and strong deliverables.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications for the Human Resources Business Partner
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-10 years of human resource generalist experience
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
- Proficient in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Success in driving effective HR programs
- Master’s Degree in HRM or MBA preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Resume that shows steady progression in HR Management for the last 5+ years.