Human Resources Business Partner
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Collaborate with the HR Lead to support and guide the implementation of a uniform HR Business Partner model and expectations that promote a strategically focused HR Business Partner team able to provide exceptional, analytics-driven support to functional area partners, in support of business goal achievement.
- Support the continual monitoring and refinement of model as needed based on HR Business Partner and business feedback, and evolving business needs.
- Remain informed of industry and disciplinary best practices and key trends.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business functional areas to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with functional business leaders.
- Counsel managers consistent with company policies/practices, legal considerations, compliance regulations, and company priorities—advocating both company and associate concerns.
- Lead business functions in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with business strategy.
- Utilize strategic workforce plans to drive talent recruitment and pipeline initiatives; collaborate with HR Centers of Expertise on new / innovative recruitment methods.
- Execute college recruitment programs designed by HR Centers of Expertise, to further build candidate pipeline for future succession.
- Drive diversity within talent acquisition, ensuring a balanced and diverse slate of candidates for all positions being recruited.
- Drive and lead associate engagement efforts through being a visible, active, and involved member of the HRBP team within PDL.
- Foster HR Business Partner relationships that are built on the HR team gaining deep knowledge of business objectives and providing strategic counsel and analytics in support of goal attainment.
- Operate as a team of HR Business Partners who act as internal consultants, proactively identifying and partnering with the business in addressing issues and concerns (associate engagement, interpersonal issues, work conditions, etc.).
- Drive a performance driven culture working with functional areas to ensure that associates understand how their performance contributes to overall business performance.
- Drive development activities (MD / Succession Planning), ensuring robust IDPs are in place and progressing, especially for associates designated as talent or promotable.
- Support the business in determining internal and external learning and leadership development options to address the unique learning needs of their associate base and leadership teams.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree; HR certification preferred
- 5-7 years in HR management, business administration, or related field
- 10-20% travel outside home office
- Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Some business and financial acumen.
- Ability to provide moderate operational insight and strategic HR talent management metrics.
- Some project management experience. Ability to lead mid to large size projects.
- Analytical skills
- Project management
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Presentation skills
- Intermediate Excel
- Building and sustaining relationships
- Customer focus
- Effective team player
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.