Human Resources Business Partner
Title: People Resources Business Partner (aka HR Business Partner)
Reports to: Director of People
What you’ll be doing:
The People Resources Business Partner (PRBP) will join a team of smart, business-minded and hands-on HR professionals. As a PRBP supporting our Technology teams (our largest corporate client group), you will partner directly with our CTO, Director of Engineering, Director of IT and other key leaders to deliver results and keep engagement levels high. Your primary focus will be to help your clients meet their business goals while living Enova’s core values.
Your core priorities will be in:
- Performance Management: You’ll work closely with Talent Development on our performance management process, but spend much of your between the formal cycles with your clients on planning, goal setting and working on individual development planning.
- Compensation: You will provide consultation, guidance and support on our annual merit and bonus programs as well as job leveling and market analysis in partnership with our Head of Compensation.
- Employee Relations: You will be the main contact for employees within your client groups, responsible for handling and escalating any employee relations issues in partnership with our in-house employment attorney.
- Policy: You’ll be expected to administer and enhance established People policies and procedures, and have a voice in shaping enhancements or changes needed as our business continues to grow and scale.
- Partnership: You will be expected to develop strong, collaborative relationships with our Centers of Excellence (Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, Talent Development, and People Tech) to bridge business goals with People Team offerings.
What you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years of professional human resources business partnering experience in a high demand, high output role with a demonstrated track record of success being an integrated member of a business team. Strong preference to those coming out of high-tech or a high-growth business.
- Strong technical/analytical skills with an ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience in working in Workday HCM a plus.
- Demonstrated capability to execute and drive projects forward to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, specifically group presentation and influence skills.
- Knowledgeable in State (IL) and Federal employment laws
- PHR or SPHR a plus
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health and wellness benefits, a 401K matching plan, paid parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!), summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.