Human Resources Coordinator
Have you ever been described as the “go-to” point of contact to get things done? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where there’s never room to be bored? Are you interested in a career in HR or Recruiting? If the answer to these questions is a resounding “YES,” then this is the opportunity for you!
One North is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. As the connector of all things Recruiting, HR and Office Management, the Human Resources Coordinator role is incredibly high-touch in the organization, and the support is critical within the Talent team. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, gritty, entrepreneurial and thrives by creating order in chaos. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys staying busy, is detail-oriented and organized, and enjoys working closely with others to solve problems.
- Source qualified candidates for our open positions using various resources and tools, including social media, job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter and campus resources.
- Review job applications and qualify candidates.
- Schedule phone and onsite interviews with candidates and internal team members.
- Guarantee a positive candidate experience throughout the entire interview process as the key point of contact during the recruitment lifecycle.
- Ensure job boards and postings accurately reflect current openings.
- Edit, maintain and update accurate, error-free job descriptions.
- Manage all onsite interviews, including front-desk reception and hospitality, interview room preparation, and keeping the interviewing team organized and on schedule.
- Build a pipeline of candidates across a number of different disciplines and roles.
- Assist Talent team with various other recruitment initiatives, such as campus career fairs, professional networking events, market research and other variable projects.
- Coordinate Lunch & Learns; create and update internal events calendar.
- Facilitate employee engagement programs, such as free lunches, happy hours and intermittent office activities and events.
- Support the new hire onboarding process by scheduling orientation meetings, preparing new hire materials and managing associated logistics.
- Facilitate the communication of action items required internally for any change in employee status – including new hires, contractors, promotions, role changes and departures – while tracking completion of tasks.
- Research venues, prices, etc., to aid the Talent team in planning events.
- Update company intranet with documents, reminders, training materials, templates, birthdays and more.
- Coordinate bi-weekly All-Company Meetings.
- Assist Talent team with miscellaneous needs – being a lean team, we are looking for someone who is willing to help with anything and everything.
- Manage reception responsibilities, such as front desk coverage, daily mail distribution, welcome display updates, etc.
- Be present at the front desk to greet visitors and receive deliveries from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, and coordinate front desk coverage when you are away.
- Ensure all scheduled visitors are added to the building’s security system prior to their arrival.
- Manage overall appearance of One North’s office space, including wiping down desks and white boards, washing dishes in the sink, tracking repairs that may be needed, tidying up the office and preparing meeting rooms.
- Lead relationships with building facilities team and vendors, and manage office requests submitted by employees (ordering ID badges, communicating building announcements, etc.).
- Order food and snacks for meetings and special occasions, while staying on budget.
- Order office supplies and track inventory, keeping the office (and its beverage refrigerator) stocked and the supply closet organized at all times.
- Perform occasional supply runs (sometimes Instacart can’t get donuts here fast enough!).
- Manage intra-office communications through email announcements, lounge monitors, SharePoint and other special requests.
- Assist employees with day-to-day requests, and escalate issues when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1-4 years of Administrative, HR, Office Management or related experience, with a majority of that at a growing or startup organization
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and an unfaltering positive attitude
- Professional communication skills and presence
- Thoughtful, proactive approach to projects
- Strong prioritization and organization skills; our business moves quickly and requires multitasking and self-direction.
- Self-starter who can manage workload effectively with competing demands for time
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Trustworthiness and discretion with confidential information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Past Recruitment or HR experience a plus