Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The primary responsibility of the Human Resource Generalist is to administer and provide guidance to management on the Company policies and programs. This includes employee relations, benefits and compensation, FMLA and other leaves of absences, workers compensation and safety, learning and development, recruiting and employee engagement.
- Serving as business partner and advisor, collaborate with management on HR practices, policies and procedures.
- Administer the hiring process; including employment process compliance, completion of required pre-employment testing (MVR, drug test, background verification), and new hire documentation.
- Administration of company benefits programs to include; 401(k), medical/dental, short-term disability, long-term disability and all other benefits programs.
- Management and administration of FMLA and other leaves of absence.
- Work in partnership with management team on employee relations issues.
- Conduct and lead employee disciplinary investigations in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage Performance Evaluation process and merit process.
- Responsible for driving company culture throughout all corporate departments.
- Management and administration of workers compensation; including reporting and handling claims and collaborating with appropriate parties.
- Lead a culture of safety awareness; safety committee meetings and other safety programs in the Company.
- Drive risk management and safety programs.
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including new hire orientation) to the workforce.
- Represents Company for Unemployment claims and hearings.
- Responsible for all Data Entry into the HRIS system
- Maintenance of Personnel Records and HIPAA compliance.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit. Travel may be required, but will be minimal. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.