Human Resources Generalist at Optiver
Optiver is looking for a versatile, experienced HR Generalist to join our collaborative Human Resources team. The right individual is a self-starter, innovative, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. This person will be a trusted resource for our employees and a strategic thought partner in HR policy guidance and interpretation.
What you’ll do
- Be an oracle of knowledge – provide insight and information regarding various HR-related questions and concerns to all levels of staff
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues, including employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development)
- Conduct off-boarding tasks, including exit interviews
- Own immigration process and strategy in partnership with Optiver’s global offices
- Assist with benefits and 401(k) plan administration as needed. Understand and communicate our benefit offerings to employees.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Wear multiple hats – provide ad-hoc support for the Human Resources team and collaborative efforts as a firm
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Administration, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of previous Human Resources Generalist experience
- Experience in a wide array of areas within HR such as onboarding, benefits, visa & immigration, employee relations, training & development, employee relations, etc.
- Working knowledge of benefits plans, benefits-related policies, and associated laws (FMLA, COBRA, state disability laws, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems