Human Resources Generalist
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and leadership in a designate business unit. The successful HR Generalist acts as a consultant/business advisor, employee advocate and change agent on human resources matters. Working with the business unit, this role formulates human resources tactics and strategies to meet the business unit’s for success. You will ensure that the business unit is integrated and aligned on business related solution while continuously developing strong partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. This person must develop a high level of comprehension of the business unit’s daily operations, strategic position, financial and operating objectives.
- Embedded in the business unit to comprehend the strategic and day to day operations to provide consultation on various human resources matters – staffing, employee relations, training, etc.
- Conducts weekly meetings with your respective business unit.
- Acts as an advisor/coach to the business unit providing HR expertise and guidance when appropriate on HR related matters – coaching, counseling, career development, resource planning, succession planning, employee relations
- Creates Human Resources Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the business unit and analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, policies and strategic initiatives
- Develops communication cascade to keep BU and BU Senior HR Leader informed of issues/matters and strategic initiatives
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and escalates to Senior HR leader for the business unit to ensure consistency
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Works closely with the business unit leadership and employees to improve work relationships, create culture, build morale, and retention
- Advisor on all HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Assist business unit leadership on resource planning, selection process and on-boarding of business unit employees. HR process champion of BU’s seasonal hiring process
- Advisor on all disciplinary matters up to including separations for cause and reduction in force and seasonality of the business
- Identifies training needs for business. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or comparable combination of education and human resources related experience. PHR/SPHR a plus but not required
- 3 to 7 years previous human resources experience solving complex human resources matters.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines with a focus on employee relations, staffing, performance management and succession planning. Including a solid comprehension of federal and state employment laws.
- High level of computer skills with a high proficiency in MS Suite of products
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Highly detailed and ability to analyze and interpret results to create effective solutions.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and leverage past experience to make solid decisions for the business.
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events