Human Resources Manager at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges, and a new direct-to-consumer business. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to serve as the business partner for our rapidly growing, venture-backed, food manufacturing and fulfillment business units. This person will be a key leader at our Chicago production facility, working with team members and managers to enhance and implement programs and solutions that help us maintain and continue to build upon our best in class employee engagement scores.
A successful candidate for this role will be highly organized, enjoy autonomy, and have experience with employee relations, performance management, recruiting, training and development, legal compliance, and safety for non-exempt workforces. This individual will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be passionate about helping team members at all levels realize their potential.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on, team player who is excited by growth, working with people across all functions and levels, and aligned with our vision to be known as an employer of choice for hourly positions.
This person will lead a team of two direct reports, and be accountable for the following:
- Ensure all business hourly headcount needs are met in a timely manner by working with leadership to build a pipeline, and identify, recruit, onboard, and retain top talent for our production facility and distribution operations across the Midwest and Northeast
- Facilitate performance management for hourly workforce and work with managers to identify and coach employees on development areas
- Partner with business unit leadership in safety programs/audits, and ensure compliance with federal and local regulations and non-discrimination laws
- Develop and implement effective employee communication strategies to ensure that employees understand the company’s policies, practices, benefits, and values
- Provide (create or share) reporting to aid operations managers in effectively doing their job (examples include payroll, trainings, performance, attendance, regulatory compliance, etc)
- Respond to employee and manager requests for assistance on issues relating to policy interpretation, employee conflict, employment law, benefit administration, and other areas managed by the Human Resources function
- Partner with business unit leadership to create development programs for hourly and entry level salary employees
- Administer and record employee absence programs, policies, and benefits (vacation, sick, FMLA, disability, etc.), and any required accommodation processes related to disability, religion or other need.
- Oversee the administration of benefits for hourly teams
- Monitor/review unemployment and workers compensation claims and work with insurance partners when necessary
Examples of the types of projects you may work on:
- Rapidly hire and train 50+ hourly employees in one year or less
- Define and implement policies and procedures that scale across multiple regions and facilities
- Recommend improvements to our employee experience to leadership
- Be the voice of our manufacturing and fulfillment business with in the company-wide HR team
What are we looking for in a HR Manager?
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of HR Generalist practice, preferably in a manufacturing/distribution center environment
- Prior experience managing others preferred
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment and safety laws (EEO, OSHA, etc) and HR best practices
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, through various channels, at all levels of the organization
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Solid Computer skills (MS Office, Google suite, HRIS/Payroll, ATS)
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the facility should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
During your break - Never run on empty by enjoying daily Farmer’s Fridge meals, challenging a coworker to a game of ping pong, de-stressing by taking a spin on our Nascar arcade game, or spending your break on one of our comfy couches.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your bottom line participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting, and you'll succeed alongside our business with our bonus and equity plans.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures