Human Resources Manager
closerlook, inc. is a digital marketing agency focused on using relationship-marketing strategies to create efficient and effective marketing solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. We use our deep understanding of healthcare-professionals’ behaviors, beliefs and preferences to help brands build and maintain meaningful relationships with their most valuable customers.
At closerlook we’re not concerned about the coolest or biggest projects. We’re focused on delivering work that fits our clients’ needs. From e-mail marketing campaigns to mobile apps to eLearning programs, we help our clients make every move count by communicating the right message at the right time, and through the most effective channel.
closerlook's HR Manager will bring demonstrated experience and expertise in benefits management, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, payroll and employee relations to a strong, productive and healthy working environment. The HR Manager must be a master at prioritizing, sequencing tasks and be able to pivot as agency needs change. This role has the unique opportunity to build and shape the HR function as a strategic contributor to the culture of our growing and evolving company. The HR Manager will also assist the VP, Human Resources in delivering upon strategic and developmental needs, evaluating current operating procedures and implementing best practices.
- Provide leadership and direction for the new hire onboarding process including documentation and execution
- Lead all new hire onboarding sessions
- Regularly evaluate the process, gather feedback from new hires and optimize/adapt the process
- Manage and administer closerlook's Employee Performance Review process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment law; communicate its impact on all facets of operation at closerlook
- Manage state and federal legal compliance; promote workplace diversity
- Develop/maintain policies or adjust existing policies as necessary
- Maintain/update employee handbook
Employee Relations & Retention:
- Provide confidential counsel and advice to employees and managers to ensure appropriate steps are taken with respect to all employee relations issues within the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coach staff on problem resolution; serve as an impartial sounding board
- Coach managers on staff management strategies and issues
- Train staff on closerlook employment policies
- Partner with senior management, directors and managers to retain, develop and motivate staff
- Maintain diplomacy and fairness in all dealings
- Promote closerlook values and culture
- Work with management to resolve any conflicts within management structure or between employee/manager relationships.
- Responsible for overseeing all performance improvement plans including review of all plans and management of timeframes.
- Actively participate in and share responsibility for administering the benefit plans in accordance with the Plan agreements and established policies.
- Provide advice on human resources matters.
- Act as local benefits contact and coordinate with broker on all aspects of enrollment, changes, etc.
- Ensure that all employees are getting appropriate levels of customer service from benefits providers
- Exercise knowledge of local state laws to insure compliance on all levels with respect to benefits (unemployment, FMLA, etc.)
- Build and facilitate a comprehensive wellness program
- Manage payroll cycle and data
- Run adhoc reports for finance team
- Evaluate and enhance the corporate recruiting strategy and partner with recruiting manager and outside recruiting firms to maintain a reliable, repeatable hiring process
- Coach hiring manager staff to effectively participate in hiring process.
- Partner with VP, Human Resources to hone our organizational structure, manage our growth, and align recruiting with our offerings and account growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business or related field
- 5-7 years HR experience within a services firm; preferably in an agency setting staffed by creative and technical talent
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Dedicated service orientation (to staff, management, business partners, etc.)
- Ability to become a trusted advisor with staff and management
- Strong presentation skills
- Business writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business/Liberal Arts or the equivalent.
- Five years of Human Resources generalist experience.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Strong attention to detail, analysis and administration skills.
- Excellent interviewing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent relationship building, coaching, counseling skills, along with a balance of analytical skills.
- Strong MS Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint