Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Human Resources Shared Services Specialist, reporting to the HR Shared Services Manager, supports the Corporate and Commercial Sales HR Teams with general human resources tasks. The HR Shared Services Specialist is considered a cultural champion and like all other positions within KeHE, supports and is guided by the mission, vision, and core values of the Company.
- Responsible for all data entry into the HRIS system, including but not limited to new hires, terminations, salary changes, and all other employee information.
- Completes data integrity audits and makes corrections as needed.
- Maintains employee personnel records with a focus on HIPAA and record retention compliance.
- Assists in the maintenance and auditing of I-9s.
- Responds to general inquiries regarding HR-related policies, procedures, and programs as needed.
- Ensures safeguards are in place for confidential company information.
- Assist with various HR-related projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Microsoft office experience a must. Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of General Human Resources discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Listens and checks for understanding. Articulates messages is a way that is broadly understandable.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Know and utilize the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on ongoing improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively as part of a team.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); some college preferred.
- MUST have a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years administrative experience, specifically in Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience with electronic HR systems, preferably UltiPro.
- Knowledge of California employment law a plus.