Immigration Specialist and TA Coordinator
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient.
Grubhub People team is building a best-in-class case management program in Chicago to deliver U.S. immigration support and services to employees across the U.S. This individual, will provide case management for our most vulnerable at-risk employees. In this role you will be responsible for answering questions, understanding and empathizing with the employee’s situation, working with external counsel on the case filing strategies and updates, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paving the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. This individual will also be responsible for special project
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Initiate and respond to inquiries about U.S. immigration case status, potential additional available options, including displacement or transfer strategies, by working closely with employees, their managers and HRBPs, internal U.S. Program Owners, and external counsel
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees to provide holistic and consultative case management services ensuring options are in line with those permissible and/or approved by Grubhub
- Critically assess and adjust the U.S. immigration case strategy (or displacement/transfer options) to an employee’s changing needs, often in consultation with Program Owners, internal and external partners
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after an immigration case
- Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information, in a timely and sensitive manner
- Educate managers and business partners on employee U.S. immigration concerns, strategies, and guidelines
- Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of U.S. immigration experience, either within a law firm (such as a paralegal with responsibility for immigration petition preparation/filing) or in-house in an organization with a significant volume of immigration-supported employees or in a recruiting or HR role with heavy U.S. immigration involvement
- Experience with Envoy is a plus
- Experience in providing guidance to employees, managers, recruiters, or HR on highly sensitive, confidential matters
- Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in an environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with confidential information
- Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
And Of Course, Perks!
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more!
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.