West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you’re looking to play a “back office” HR role, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Shared Services team is the foundation of our culture and steward of our values. We partner with our internal clients and provide exceptional service to enable them to provide outstanding service to the firm’s clients. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an Inclusion & Diversity Manager to join the People Strategy & Experience team. A role within this team means promoting the firm’s values with excellence while focusing on broadening diversity within our communities while fostering an inclusive culture. The I&D Manager role is responsible for defining and driving strategic priorities amongst all of West Monroe. You will need to partner across functions, with our line employees, and our Executive Team to realize our I&D strategy and build actionable tools for all. You will have the opportunity to drive real value to our people and clients by leveraging data and metrics to inform our I&D investments, and we will look to you to set the tone for how we speak about our strategy within the organization and amongst our potential recruits.
- Define an I&D strategy & thoughtfully sequenced roadmap aligned to the firmwide Employee Experience we are striving to create
- Lead and manage highly visible, cross-functional portfolio of strategic initiatives, including proactively communicating and reporting on overall initiative health and the defined KPIs/metrics for each initiative
- Communicate risks and issues and manage mitigation plans, accordingly
- Define stakeholder expectations to ensure each stakeholder group (e.g. People team members, other Shared Services Partners, Line Leaders, etc.) is driving value accordingly across the organization by integrating recommendations into their operational processes
- Influence the organization’s culture by establishing operating norms and routine tools/practices for all employees to embrace
- Prepare presentations for firmwide events/meetings with large populations, and influence future I&D training for the firm
- Serve as an I&D brand ambassador by elevating themes and messages within our internal strategy, to potential recruits (employment brand) and in our sales material to clients
- Build an internal and external network to further knowledge and awareness of industry trends which can in turn influence and facilitate organizational change
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results in a compressed timeframe
- Use best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders – without direct authority
- Strong foundation in problem solving, analytics and project management principles and tools
- Strong communications skills; superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- Broad thinking and perspective of current inclusion and diversity trends and change management best practices
- Understanding of how I&D integrates into employee experience programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 10 or more years of experience with prior I&D leadership experience
- Experience in a professional services environment desirable
- Proven track record of critical thinking; synthesizing data to address complex problems via achievable strategies/solutions
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, nimble, professional environment
- High proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation