Lead HRIS Specialist
The Lead HRIS is a subject matter expert in HRIS platforms, and navigates technical support issues to resolution. The primary focus of this position is to support the maintenance of the human resource information system (HRIS) in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team. This position serves as a technical point of contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
The Lead HRIS provides leadership, coaching, mentoring and development to Specialists to ensure all critical aspects of client issues are met and resolved appropriately. Act as a mentor to the Specialists on areas of success and identify improvement opportunities. Team Lead must be able to identify and effectively communicate areas of training improvements and common performance deficits as well as offer praise and positive encouragement.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Production Support (30% of time):
- Provide support for HRIS, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Represent the HR and payroll teams as the liaison with product development to provide feedback for enhancements, fixes and troubleshooting.
- Participate in meetings related to new features, enhancements and upgrades for the HRIS system.
System Maintenance (25% of time):
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix.
- Maintain HRIS tables.
- Review upgrade documentation and ensure existing processes will continue to operate as expected.
- Conduct regular review of the system data to ensure its reliability.
- Build and maintain end user metrics reporting.
- Work in conjunction with Technology department to identify and coordinate training for new product features and process changes.
Projects/Process Improvement (25% of time):
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy.
- Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll).
- Use project management skills in managing projects. Provides project management and service support for given HR initiative.
- Build relationships internally with PTL’s and PO’s that will facilitate highly effective utilization of the system.
Team Mentorship/Training (20% of time):
- Facilitate coaching, training and mentoring of Specialists to ensure high levels of customer service through motivation and development.
- Facilitate individuals or team update communications through regularly occurring meetings, 1:1s and team huddles.
- Assist Manager HRIS as required with employee relation concerns related to job performance and professional conduct.
- Supervise the operations and work of their assigned team on a day-to-day basis.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience with HRIS systems; experience with Paylocity HRIS suite preferred.
- Advanced expertise with Excel spreadsheets, specifically the ability to import data and format tables.
- 1-2 years’ of project management experience.
- Experience with SQL and Access preferred.
- Passion for service excellence and drive for results.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solving - Ability to review, analyze and connect the dots.