Lead Sourcing Specialist at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Execute sourcing and category management activities for designated category, as directed by Category Management leadership. Activities include partnering with internal stakeholders to develop requirements, issue and score RFx events, develop appropriate leverage, negotiate pricing and commercial terms, and assist in contracting.
- Additional responsibilities include calculating and reporting realized savings, and executing category management and sourcing best practices. Establishing and prioritizing project plans for sourcing projects will be critical to achieve expected objectives and results.
How You’ll Do It
- Utilize best in class strategic sourcing process and data driven analytics to negotiate optimal commercial T&Cs that meet or exceed the needs of Stakeholders. Develop and execute RFx, analyze results, establish leverage strategies, and assess award scenarios. Negotiate and approve commercial terms related to third party contracts to optimize total cost of ownership for Company.
- Based on the analysis of Company spend, client activity and the marketplace, develop, recommend and implement the most appropriate sourcing strategy for each project assigned.
- Utilize sound project management techniques to ensure projects meet objectives and timelines, including development of comprehensive project and communication plans. Maintain team accountability to project deliverables and execute all necessary communications to ensure accurate and timely flow of information to internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Build positive working relationships both internally and externally to provide DFS with goods and services at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership at the Highest Quality.
- Ensure actions are in compliance with department and company policies and procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Build knowledge base around designated category, research market trends, develop external network of peers and other sources in order to bring new ideas and concepts to DFS partners, stakeholders, and leadership.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Arts, or related field
- 4+ years of experience with Strategic Sourcing, RFx, Scoring, Should Cost Analysis, Strong Negotiations, Project Management or related
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience with Strategic Sourcing, RFx, Scoring, Should Cost Analysis, Strong Negotiations, Project Management
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master’s degree in Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience with Strategic Sourcing, RFx, Scoring, Should Cost Analysis, Strong Negotiations, Project Management or related
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.