Lead Training & Development Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing roadmaps for internally developed training system solutions and processes. Manages a team to develop and maintain systems that support existing processes, tools, and infrastructure across training and development functions. Identifies opportunities to improve system effectiveness, improving customer experiences, and monitoring progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
· Manages relationships with business partners and customers by proactively educating, answering questions, and guiding relevant parties to the right services to meet their needs.
· Identifies, develops, and communicates strategic roadmaps for internal systems development. Assists in business requirements analysis for projects. Manages scopes, issues, and risks. Follows change control procedures effectively. Estimates work efforts and manages resources accordingly.
· Assembles project teams. Aligns individuals to roles and responsibilities across all areas impacted by the project, including developers, end users, distributors, and vendors. Leads the development of the team.
· Documents detailed agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans, and maintains an issue log. Communicates statuses to stakeholders. Quantifies the impact of projects on financials, productivity, customer experience, quality, risk, and compliance.
· Creates, delivers, and manages technical training products in conjunction with subject matter experts and business stakeholders.
· Works collaboratively in GitHub to produce internal blogs, articles, and learning paths that address technical needs and cultural topics of importance.
· Proficient in training development and understands SCORM requirements and technical specifications for LMS delivery.
· Fundamental knowledge and capability in HTML, video development, and graphic design.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor’s in Business, Technical Communications, Education, Instructional Systems Design or Digital Media.
· 2+ years of experience in instructional design, corporate training, technical communications, or product development.
· In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Business, Technical Communications, Education, or Digital Media.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Master's Degree in Business, Technical Communications, Education, or Digital Media
· 4+ years of experience in Business, Technical Communications, Education, or Digital Media
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.