Learning and Development Manager at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets; we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
As a Learning and Development Manager at M1, you’ll work with the rest of the People Operations Team to enable our employees to learn and thrive during their employment at M1. You’ll focus on initiatives that improve the productivity, happiness, and careers of our employee base, which is 150 today and growing rapidly. You’ll work with company leaders to determine the best way to educate their teams, lead our performance management initiatives, and train managers on the best way to lead their teams effectively. We’re a smart, scrappy team that allows an individual to own their space, use their expertise, and drive real change. If this excites you, we’re excited to talk to you.
What you’ll do
- Build and execute on M1’s learning and development strategy from the ground up
- Lead trainings for managers, leaders, and new hires
- Determine the best way to train new hires thought onboarding training and orientation
- Lead performance management across the entire organization
- Work closely with managers and other leaders to determine our needs and strategize on how to address them
- Lead the FINRA license strategy for M1’s registered reps
- Focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts
- Use data to drive your decision making
- 3-5 years in a learning, training, or operations role
- Operations or program management background
- Experience working in DEI
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience in FinTech or fast paced environments, a plus
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym