About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
The Learning & Growth team at Grubhub is seeking a go-getter with experience in either sales, operations, account management or training, who will work diligently to onboard, train and upskill our sales reps and managers in our Restaurant Sales arm of the business.
The right candidate should have domain expertise, specific to the sales industry, and an awareness of the knowledge base and techniques critical to reduce the ramp period for new sales reps.
Given the nature of the role, the sales trainer should enjoy leading a physical (or digital) room and exude commanding presence while also possess the ability to flex and train in a one-on-one capacity. You should be creative yet analytical, confident yet coachable, and comfortable pivoting and adjusting to the different learning styles of our employees.
You’ll need to be ready to dive right in – our staff is always growing and the training never stops. It’s hard work, sure, but it's also a fun place to work!
What You’ll Tackle:
- Lead in-person and remote sales/Restaurant Network onboarding and training
- Facilitate ongoing upskilling for our Restaurant Network teams
- Schedule onboarding programs and related training events for teams
- Work with Learning & Growth Leads, Instructional Designers, subject matter experts, and stakeholders to transform content into an effective in-person AND virtual learning experience
- Act as a subject matter expert by staying up-to-date on current processes, products, and platforms, as well as sales industry trends
- Collect feedback from trainees, hiring managers and stakeholders on the effectiveness of the onboarding program and iterate and/or replicate as needed
- Create effective content, aligned with instructional design principles to fill knowledge gaps and evaluate efficiency to prove return on time, energy and money investment.
- Co-facilitate instructor-led trainings as needed
What You Bring to the Table
- Some type of sales experience: on the floor, making calls, leading a sales or client success team, mentoring sales reps or facilitating sales training programs
- A passion for and experience with training, mentoring and/or teaching adult learners
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills as well as ability to balance and execute on competing priorities and evaluate the effectiveness of the program(s).
- Agility and comfort with a fast-paced working environment
- Interpretive judgement and the ability to make decisions on how to manage ambiguous situations
- Comfort with technology (i.e. G Suite, LMS platforms, Video Communication Tools, etc.)
- A strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivering top notch training modules
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]