Learning and Development Specialist at Snapsheet
As a remote L&D Specialist, you will be part of an amazing L&D team that helps to create an exceptional onboarding and continued education experience for our customer service and auto estimating Operations teams. We’ll rely on you to provide support and organization for our existing training programs. Additionally, you’ll work closely with our L&D Program Lead and Operations team stakeholders to create new training programs of various modalities that solve our business needs. You’ll also work closely with other members of our L&D team to uplift and support our internal knowledge management needs, including developing supporting materials and documentation for the training programs you create which will be housed on our employee-facing knowledge base.
We are looking for Specialists who have experience with or are excited to learn the ins and outs of remote adult learning, and who are capable of creating an engaging, rewarding experience for new and experienced employees alike while solving for growing and shifting business needs. We are looking for individuals who will take ownership of the programs they have created from end-to-end, from planning to iteration for the next round, and who will work with other members of the L&D team to develop them as valuable assistants capable of contributing to the instructional design of our programs.
You will work with the L&D Program Lead, L&D Facilitators, and Operations management stakeholders to analyze results of completed training sessions to solve for knowledge gaps, and you will make recommendations and implement the changes needed for the next program iteration.
You work well under pressure and exhibit a high sense of urgency. You are able to forecast and meet timelines for deliverables and anticipate needed changes while maintaining communication with the L&D Program Lead. You have experience managing stakeholders and making training recommendations that can be adapted to current business needs. You approach L&D as a partnership that guides and responds to operational needs. You are a curious investigator who is not afraid of a challenge. You are open to expanding your knowledge of adult learning principles, training and design tools, and investing time into learning our Operations department (customer success and estimating) inside and out.
- Develop a broad understanding of operations business units, workflows, and job responsibilities at Snapsheet and an expert knowledge of processes, procedures, and systems of job role(s) within the assigned business unit(s).
- Plan and develop training materials (project scope, task and skill analysis, content outlines, slides, activities, facilitator guides, assessments, post-course surveys) for assigned operations business unit(s).
- Develop new continuing education training programs with the support of the Learning & Development Program Lead and Operations management.
- Maintain training materials for assigned business unit(s). Follow designated procedures for updating training materials to ensure consistency of all changes.
- Collaborate with other L&D team members to ensure feedback and communication loops are closed regarding enhancements and changes to training materials.
- Implement enhancements to the curriculum to close identified performance gaps or address upcoming changes to procedures, systems, workflows, etc.
- Develop effective professional partnerships with all colleagues.
- Consult with managers and other stakeholders in the assigned operations business unit(s) to close performance and knowledge gaps.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility under changing direction; must be a fast-paced individual
- Effectively manage multiple demands and competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and listening skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to engage with trainees in a collaborative learning environment, adapt quickly to different learning styles and experience levels, and provide daily structure
- Prompt and punctual attendance for all assigned training events
- Ability to work independently with managers and subject matter experts as well as collaborate closely within a team setting
- Ability to readily flex work hours to accommodate a nationally dispersed audience and various operations shift planning needs
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience facilitating and/or developing training; remote training experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience as an auto or commercial vehicle estimator in an insurance company or repair facility setting extremely preferred
- Strong computer skills and Google Suite skills – (Drive, Slides, G-Mail, Docs, and Sheets)
- Experience with video conferencing tools or virtual classroom platforms (Google Meet, Zoom, GoToWebinar, or similar)
- Experience with LMS (Litmos or similar) and virtual classroom tools (Google Classroom or similar)
- Experience with e-learning creation platforms (Articulate Storyline/360, Adobe Captivate)
- Experience with screen capture and video editing tools (iMovie, Camtasia, Snagit, or similar)
- Experience with knowledge management platforms (Zendesk, Knowledge Owl, or similar) a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus