Learning & Development Practice Lead
At Sprout Social, people and culture are at the forefront of everything we do - a fact underscored by multiple Best Places to Work awards and a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor. As members of the Sprout People team, we are champions of Sprout’s unique culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every team member has access to the resources they need to be successful from day one, and every business unit has the talent and support needed to meet and exceed their goals.
As the Learning and Development Practice Lead, you’ll use your domain expertise to create and execute Sprout’s learning and development roadmap. You’ll collaborate closely with key stakeholders across the business to identify needs and develop engaging strategies to deliver best in class learning and development opportunities across Sprout and within teams. This is your chance to balance both strategic thinking with hands-on execution to make a positive contribution to the development of Sprout’s employees.
Since this role is focused on identifying and elevating Sprout’s learning and development initiatives, we’re looking for someone with 4-5 years of proven expertise and success in creating and implementing L&D within a high-growth environment across distributed teams.
If you are passionate about learning, employee development and training and are looking to make an impact working alongside an incredible team, we’d love to talk to you!
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Understand as much as you can about the culture, products, teams, and projects of Sprout to creatively support our award winning culture.
- Conduct initial 1:1s to develop relationships with key stakeholders to uncover and understand their learning and development needs.
- Review past employee survey data and speak to employees across the organization to develop an understanding of employee experience as it pertains to learning and development.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s existing learning & development programs and initiatives.
- Establish regular 1:1 cadence with your direct report.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Develop and present a strategic plan for elevating and scaling Sprout’s learning and development initiatives across the organization and within teams, informed by DEI and OD best practices.
- Create and facilitate best-in-class training curriculum across Sprout.
- Identify and implement key metrics for measuring success of L&D programs.
- Partner with Internal Communications team to develop an effective and engaging communication strategy to drive involvement with learning programs.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Present the strategic plan on the future of learning & development at Sprout to Sprout employees at company-wide All Hands meeting.
- Implement the initial stages of your strategic plan for learning & development at Sprout.
- Design and execute high-impact and scalable learning experiences, both iterating on current initiatives in place and creating new initiatives.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Establish learning and development programs at the org and team level, iterating on programs as needed, and continuing to embed Sprout’s “Always Be Growing” culture.
- Create clear linkages between our learning and development programs and team career bands.
- Partner with the broader Organizational Development team on developing initiatives particularly where there is a strong learning component.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!