Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Learning and Development Specialist plays a critical role in the onboarding, early stage development and ongoing learning phases of an Account Manager/Customer Services Representative roles and other internal audiences.
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for delivering and continually improving trainings for our internal audiences on a variety of topics. This position requires product knowledge, adult learning acumen, and excellent communication and presentation skills. The Learning and Development Specialist is also responsible for staying current with product and learning-method knowledge.
Reports To: Manager, Learning & Development
The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Deliver new hire and ongoing training to Paylocity employees which includes products, services, skills, policies, and procedures that are relevant to the audience and intended to enhance the client and/or employee experience
- Maintain current product knowledge by taking any newly offered trainings and attending necessary meetings
- Ensure all trainees are actively engaged in the training process by preparation, personalization of training content, and implementation of activities
- Conduct ongoing refresher and cross-training modules in critical areas as needed
- Assess learning styles and collaborate with other L&D Specialists and Instructional Designers to ensure course curriculum, materials, modality, and resources are aligned
- Participate in special projects (i.e. course redesigns) in partnership with other subject matter experts to drive learning adoption
- Serve as product champions to identify knowledge gaps and bridge gaps through course amendments and interactive exercises as well as serve as a key interaction point with technology team to keep the product owners up to date on the ever-changing needs of our client audience
- Proactively identify required course enhancements and changes to meet the evolving needs of the business and then make the required changes in a timely manner
- Gather feedback and share insights with ID team
- Independently learn new courses (for certification purposes) to drive personal expertise and develop the expertise of others
- Communicate product changes that impact the learning through the L&D collaboration tool to ensure that all team members are informed
- Leverage non training time to develop learning strategies and determine future course needs and enhancements
- Travel as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Psychology, Education or other relevant discipline area preferred
- Knowledge of training and development practices and methods including needs assessment and instruction design for instructor led, virtual, online, and blended training
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles including adult learning theory
- Experience with blended learning approach and eLearning tools preferred
- Demonstrated on-the-job leadership skills a plus
- Prior payroll experience a plus
- Prior training experience a plus
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite – Word, Power Point, Excel
As of 4/6/2021 this job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.