Learning & Development Specialist at SPINS LLC
Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS' mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
In 2019, SPINS launched its first ever Learning & Development team. In a short period of time, we’ve achieved high adoption and interest, with the majority of our employee population participating in instructor led or eLearning courses each month. The learning culture at SPINS is actively supported by our CEO and Leadership team, and the investment in Learning & Development continues to increase as the company records growth with no end in sight. Our work has tremendous impact; we are measured not just by output, but also the culture we are building and impact we have on the growth and development of each one of our employees.
The Leaning & Development Specialist will help assess, design, deliver and measure learning & development activities across SPINS. This position will support learning initiatives by delivering and administrating programs via SPINS’ Learning Management System. The focus of this role is approximately: 70% Instructional Design and 30% Delivery/Facilitation of both live in-person and virtual classes.
The L&D Specialist is an expert at creating and delivering training that most effectively teaches and transfers desired skill, knowledge and behavior from the learning environment to optimal on-the-job performance. The Specialist develops performance driven learning solutions, using best in class multimedia techniques to create training programs that are engaging and help learners achieve performance objectives.
- Design and develop e-Learning, instructor-led, blended and/or action learning training programs that are engaging, activity-based, and results-oriented. Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge. You will have tools available to support your success in the role including our LMS (Litmos) and Authoring Tools (Vyond & Articulate 360).
- Act as the subject matter expert for instructional design and collaborate with team members, client sponsors, and topic subject matter experts (SMEs) to write instructional content that is concise, engaging, and appropriate for the audience.
- Build effective relationships and partner with subject matter experts and business leaders to gather content information, determine and implement highly effective learning solutions with planned reviews.
- Create materials using the most effective delivery platform such as instructor led, e-Learning, virtual, on-the-job training, webinar and video. Incorporate the most effective teaching methods and taxonomy based on the learning need.
- Transform learning activity designs represented in storyboards, PowerPoints, scripts, etc. into digital media and printed assets, taking advantage of ever-changing technological capabilities and features. Edit documents/learning treatment from multiple sources to achieve a consistent style and voice with a professional look and feel.
- Upload, test and maintain content within the learning management system and assist with continuous updating of training material, update class attendance, deploy surveys and assessments.
- Develop measurement and accountability mechanisms that evaluate job readiness or performance, enabling continuous improvement.
- Develop and conduct train the trainer sessions as appropriate, allowing others the ability to deliver the content effectively and as designed.
- Deliver and facilitate classroom training including but not limited to new hire training and professional/managerial skill development classes.
- Participate in the logistics of scheduling courses & classrooms, ensuring course materials and needed meals/refreshments are supplied, communicating and marking with our audiences and tracking program data
What you bring:
- Minimum of 3 + years of demonstrated and successful experience in employee development/training, including designing, developing and delivering learning solutions.
- Demonstrated experience developing learning programs and media assets, including video, animation, graphics, simulations, e-Learning and live instruction support material.
- Proficiency in e-learning software (e.g. Articulate 360)
- Experience in developing video-based and whiteboard content (e.g. Vyond)
- Demonstrated training, facilitation or presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to convert technical or complex information into easily used and understandable text and graphics.
- Understanding of SCORM and experience with publishing and tracking learning objects in an LMS.
- Familiarity with video production, including video recording, lighting, audio, and editing.
- Familiarity with modern design principals and importance of corporate branding standards.
- Proficiency with web publishing technologies and platforms, including learning management systems.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and emerging instructional design trends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Effective communication in visual, verbal and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Please be prepared to share your portfolio/work samples.
How We Work
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great core benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.