Leaves and Accommodations Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Leaves and Accommodations Manager
What You’ll Do
- Leading members of the People Operations team, which works collectively and collaboratively to complete data transactions in Discover's core HR systems, ensures accuracy of HR data, escalates complex HR issues, ensures compliance with core HR policies and practices, and provides guidance and resolutions for escalated employee concerns. Leads and provides direction for all local People Operations teams located at Discover's field locations, ensuring all end-to end HR operational processes are completed with stated parameters and in compliance with all company policies.
- Act as leave of absence program expert and central point of contact for regulatory compliance and program operations
- Manage full-cycle leave management process including oversight and administration of all leave workflow for US, including FMLA, ADA, STD, LTD, military, personal, and other leaves
How You’ll Do It
- Collaborate with Benefits, Legal, Payroll, HR Risk and Compliance Management teams in implementing and managing leave policies, programs and processes
- Develops metrics to measure program success and is responsible for delivering regular Dash Board reporting to key HR and Operations stakeholders
- Oversee a high level of quality and compliance by conducting regularly scheduled and unscheduled reviews; audits of claims and processes to identify process inefficiencies
- Work to continuously improve processes to ensure the most efficient and effective approach to leave and disability management
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify procedural irregularities, and drive appropriate solutions. Audit programs and make recommendations for process improvements and policy changes. Monitor legislation and notify HR management of changes that affect the leave and disability plans and assist in the implementation of needed changes
- Work with managers and DFS personnel to ensure clear understanding of leave rights and responsibilities as well as leave options available to personnel. Guide managers throughout the leave in interpreting the legal parameters of applicable federal, state and local laws as well as internal policies
- Provides mentoring, coaching, direction, support and guidance to the leave management team working closely with partners inside and outside of HR to optimize process design and improve employee experience
- Plan, organize, and control all activities of the field People Operations teams. Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Build project plans and ensures adherence to project schedules when deploying function-wide changes
- Recommend process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverages the return on technological capabilities
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with HR constituents; serve as an interface between internal customers and functional team members to ensure effective definition and delivery of People Operations processes and provides overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources and their activities
- Promote proactive approaches using the company’s HRIS to solve business needs/problems, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities. Understand and use qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles to understand People Operations processes and identifies areas of improvement
- Provide leadership, planning, insight, and management for the development of a cost effective People Operations department while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs within the People Operations organization. Ensure continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization
Qualifications You’ll Need
- High school diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in Relationship Management, Organizational Development, Project & Change Management, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business, Continuous Improvement, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in People Leadership, or related field
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong experience in vendor implementation and vendor management
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.