Manager, DEI Programs at Walgreens
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager oversees the successful design and execution of various DEI programs and events. Responsible for managing DEI focused projects and work streams across WBA. Designs and executes a series of programs and events in support of the DEI strategy. Active leader on our Corporate and Field Diversity Councils, enabling the execution of events and initiatives. Update and publish relevant DEI resources such as the CDO corner, WBA Diversity site and other materials in support of the D&I strategy. Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures within the DEI space.
- In collaboration with the Director of DEI, determine and define the scope and objectives of DEI programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Execute policy, planning, and strategic decisions under the direction of the Director of DEI.
- Develop and manage a detailed program, project, and initiatives schedule and work plan.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Create regularly scheduled reports for the DEI Leadership team; provide updates on a consistent basis about strategy, adjustments, and progress on DEI initiatives.
- Regularly review the DEI budget and related expenditures to ensure adherence to budget, and to identify cost-savings opportunities across all of DEI.
- Active leader on our Corporate and Field Diversity Councils, enabling the execution of events and initiatives.
- Update and publish relevant DEI resources such as the CDO corner, WBA Diversity site and other materials in support of the DEI strategy.
- Responsible for project and event/activity planning.
- Oversee the responses to surveys, RFPs, and client diversity inquiries as well as sponsorship requests.
- Identify and address process efficiencies and areas for improvement within the DEI team.
- Partners with all internal teams for the execution of Diversity and Inclusion programs.
- Keeps up to date on exernal best practices and relevant changes in the area of DEI.
- Conducts surveys and focus groups aimed at better understanding what the company can do to generate conversations that promote acceptance, equality, and inclusion of others.
- Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years project management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years project management experience
- Experience creating, presenting and reporting on project plans to appropriate stakeholders using Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with cross functional teams to ensure implementation of learning objectives.
- Ability to multi-task with solid organizational and project management skills, and ability to manage ambiguity in the workplace and apply problem-solving skills.
- Experience working on DEI initiatives and/or social justice initiatives.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Proven experience of establishing brand new insight-based diversity and inclusion strategies across complex, geographical matrixed environments.
- Proven experience of influencing high-level change.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize time sensitive responsibilities.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Thinks critically and analytically.