MANAGER, EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro’s Manager of Education & Development serves as the internal training expert who will lead corporate learning and development and facilitate alignment and collaboration amongst a team of training experts leading continuous improvement initiatives across the company. The role serves as a champion for learning (building programs, designing and implementing initiatives) while engaging and aligning stakeholders to accelerate learning and adaptation which enables us to achieve Centro’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals. This role will help assess and identify the business’s training and development needs. This role actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods for enhancing performance and recognizing outstanding performance. The business is highly dependent on the training and support from the training department, which implies that the manager monitoring the activities of the department must have mix of strong business acumen, be highly experienced, motivated, and dedicated to quality training.
- Leads, develops, and manages an ambitious high-performing team. Ensures that members of the Education & Development department are equipped with the right skills, tools, and talents necessary for executing their duties
- Develop, implement and analyze onboarding and skill specific learnings for our R&D team (Engineers, Developers, Product, UX and UI) that support our Software, Basis
- Always maintains a full perspective of the business, placing emphasis on education and development
- Oversees all activities of the department and identifies the business’s developmental needs ensuring that there is consistency with core competencies and goals
- Leads the strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of both initial and ongoing training programs across the business ensuring proper execution at all levels of the department. Specifically, New Hire Orientation, Onboarding, Departmental and role related technical/skill training
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of new training programs and initiatives, ensuring alignment with the business overall strategies, objectives, and needs
- Monitors and ensures the achievement of results within the approved training department budget
- Partners with HR leadership in the deliberation and establishment of both short and long-term departmental strategies
- Drives a culture of constant improvement, identifying, and implementing projects in order to increase business-wide effectiveness and efficiency
- Constantly evaluates the department’s workload in order to guarantee optimal activity
- Plays a strategic role in charge of approving and developing effective training programs and materials, making regular modifications to programs where necessary
- Develops and documents the training path for key positions within the business and communicates information as needed
- Plays a leading strategic role approving and guiding strategic proposals from the E&D team, while also taking initiative to develop and drive training strategies that promote an environment where all employees feel valued and respected
- Ensures that all strategies implemented are aligned with the overall business priorities and goals
- Guarantees consistent application, implementation, and improvement of approved strategies at all levels and departments within the business
- Collaborates with other human resources departmental leaders in defining strategies and ensuring their alignment
- Liaison with various other departmental heads and managers ensuring proper execution of ongoing departmental training programs in order to achieve the desired results and ultimately improve the overall performance of the business.
- Collaborates with departmental heads and managers in order to establish and maintain training metrics and to evaluate the effectiveness of training
- Partners with key stakeholders ensuring adherence to the latest industry trends and practices
- Keeps track of departmental training records and develops opportunities in addition to developing dashboard reporting for all levels in the business
- Conducts analyses in order to identify and define present and future training needs
- Draws strategic reports and recommendations from all completed training programs meant for senior HR management, executives, departmental heads and other stakeholders
- 6+ years of experience with increasing Education & Development or companywide trainings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to apply them to creation and facilitation to a wide array of learners
- Experience with Learning Management System and third-party e-learning vendors
- Ability to facilitate and design learning programs
- Someone who will promote a positive culture and work environment based on an agreed set of shared values
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.