Manager, Employee Relations & Policy at Avant
What you might own:
- Build an overall Talent Business Partner strategy that aligns with our broader Talent & organizational strategy & initiatives.
- Stay up-to-speed on critical trends & best practices in employment law, particularly within the Tech and Financial Services industries, and ensure appropriate application to Avant.
- Work with cross-functional partners to build processes & policies to ensure that our Talent team drives a flawless employee experience.
- Provide leadership coaching to people managers, and serve as a liaison between people managers and the broader Talent function, including Performance & Training, Compensation & Benefits, and Talent Acquisition.
- Handle complex Employee Relations issues in both the Corporate and Operations environments, and work cross-functionally to resolve.
- Work with D&I committee leadership, functional leaders within the Talent Team, and Executive leadership to build and drive DEI strategy & initiatives.
- Ensure continued compliance with all Federal, State, and local employment and safety laws related to COVID-19, and work with our TA & Employee Experience team to support optimization of the remote work environment.
- Manage & coach a direct report in our Knoxville office, and work with Knoxville Talent & site leadership to ensure Talent support for call center performance, including via policy and performance management.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 6+ years of HR Business Partner, Employee Relations/Policy, or comparable experience, including 2+ years of people management experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to apply significant discretion & empathy in sensitive situations
- Experience working with a large, non-exempt employee population
- Strategic, big-picture thinking combined with execution skills to ensure that we’re getting things done
- Excellent understanding of employment law & compliance, and ability to apply that understanding in a commercial manner
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong data analytics & excel skills, as well as comfort in operating within HRIS platforms & Google Suite
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional areas
- Strong bias for action
- Working understanding of Compensation & Benefits, Leadership Development, and Talent Acquisition strategy preferred
- Prior experience in Technology or Financial Services preferred