Manager of Field Training & Development at Pampered Chef
The Field Training team is focused on enabling consultants to learn the key business and selling skills to build their Pampered Chef business. You will partner with key Internal and Field leaders to drive both strategy and execution for all field training.
The Manager of Field Training leads the development of all training for Pampered Chef sales consultants from onboarding of new consultants to leadership programs for senior field leaders. He/she will be responsible for creating and supporting training and development programs designed to address skill and capability gaps for consultants and measure the impact of field learning programs. The Manager will develop, pilot, and measure new and innovative learning and development strategies to drive results in the field. This position reports directly to the National Field Development Director.
Competencies for Success:
• Be analytical: Evaluate and analyze current training curriculum (content, delivery method and deployment) for Pampered Chef and expand our Engagement & Performance platform to develop a best in class training and performance management experience.
• Continuously improve: Standardize field facing training across the organization with consistent content, platform, and visuals
• Be creative: Reinvent the consultant learning experience to include both face to face and virtual selling environments utilizing different mediums for program delivery
• Be strategic: Identify business needs and learning strategies that will be most effective for all consultants
• Act like an owner: Identify and own the metrics to evaluate effectiveness of the training tools, content and delivery
• Implement your strategy: Oversee content development and delivery for field training curriculum, field learning events and implement and manage new technologies and methods to enhance learning and its processes
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in learning, training and development of people (experience outside of direct selling channel is a plus) although we will consider candidates without training experience who are self-motivated, strategic, willing to roll up their sleeves and can demonstrate exceptional writing skills
• Willingness to challenge the status quo and find best practices in sales training from companies with leading sales forces
• Experience with sales strategy, sales force effectiveness or sales enablement
• A successful track record in supporting the development and execution of field facing learning and/or sales initiatives
• Creative and conceptual thinker that can turn great ideas into practical training that supports growth goals
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills especially the ability to influence those inside and outside the department