Manager, Human Capital Management (HCM) at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently in search of a high-performance Manager, Human Capital Management (HCM) with HR functional experience notably in the areas of HR M&A, HR operations and technology and/or enterprise organization design and culture development. We’re also looking for people with the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Corporate Transformation Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
West Monroe's Human Capital practice offerings focus on enabling people-centered change, better aligning workforce practices with strategic business priorities and increasing the value created by HR services. Our clients’ HR projects range from short strategic engagements to large transformational programs. Project duration ranges from four weeks to six months or even beyond. Our client services include:
Transactions: Managing all aspects of the HR deal process and advising on M&A-related people, organization, culture and HR functional considerations
Transformation: Optimizing the value of HR services by redesigning the HR operating model, organization design, business processes and technologies
Talent: Assessing critical talent-related needs and providing solutions and insights into the full range of workforce implications of business strategy and operations
Technology: Defining HCM platform strategies, executing software selection and managing all aspects of implementation including project management, change management and functional expertise
We are looking for Manager candidates with 5-8 years of experience of experience providing HR M&A, HR transformation, HCM selection/implementation projects and/or organization design and culture change initiatives. Candidates should ideally have experience in helping to develop and/or enhance supporting methodologies and tools, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., M&A, technology, and industry vertical practices).
Successful candidates will have experience in/participated in the following types of activities:
- Strong HR functional and operational knowledge
- HCM software selection and implementation consulting experience
- Strong process knowledge – recruit to retire
- Active team member or project manager on at least 10+ major HCM related selection and implementation / HR transformation projects
- Experience dealing with HCM issues in transactions (e.g., private equity, M&A, carve-out is a plus
- Ability to organize and coordinate client facing project teams (i.e., demonstrated project management skills)
- Commercial experience selling HCM advisory consulting services
Human Capital Manager at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- As a leader within our Practice, you will be expected to provide delivery oversight on large engagements, manage relationships with c-level buyers and create compelling offerings that are relevant and thought-provoking
- Fulfill relevant Project Manager duties, including managing overall project plan and managing of the project financials
- Oversee and manage deliverable development – delegating to junior resources, monitoring their work effort, and assisting with (or owning) development when appropriate
- Leading meetings, overseeing and facilitating detailed requirements gathering sessions, and executing workshops
- Manage project economics including tracking project budgets, creating and delivering invoices, and managing collection process
- Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal feedback
- Provide leadership, participation and actively support the national team in development and enhancements to Human Capital methodologies, tools and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers and other related efforts
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
- Manage a group of consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation and management process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- This role entails significant responsibility in developing new business, managing the client relationship at the executive levels while providing direction and oversight to project teams
- Participate in meetings, development of proposals and other efforts related to Human Capital consulting
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Participate in our business development process as a subject matter expert
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-8 years’ experience managing teams of HR functional specialists, consultants, technologists, etc.
- Business development and an active professional network of contacts
- Highly experienced in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
- Prior consulting from either an HR/business consultancy or internal HR group is preferred
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.