Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are seeking a Manager of Human Resources to join our People Operations Team. This person will report to the Director of Human Resources and help lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including managing our employee benefit strategy, creating and enforcing company policies and best practices, and managing our amazing HR team of 5.
What You’ll Do
- Oversees the daily workflow and processes of the HR team and assists in defining best practices and SLAs to constantly improve the overall employee experience.
- Provides constructive and collaborative feedback to the team while providing career growth opportunities.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
HR Operations & Employee Relations
- Oversees our onboarding process while driving improvement to our orientation program.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive ER questions and issues arise.
- Assists and oversees creating reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and conducting terminations.
- Actively seeks to understand and improve employee engagement and culture while driving employee retention initiatives forward.
- Manages benefits brokerage relationships and oversees administration processes to ensure employees and their families have quality benefits that align to our business strategies.
- Assists and oversees the coordination and communication of benefits-related projects such as annual open enrollment, audits, and wellness initiatives.
- Oversees compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources and employment law.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 4+ years of experience on a HR or People Operations team.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- 2+ years of people management
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or PHR accreditation
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (including SOX, HIPAA).
- Experience working at a tech start up/fast paced environment.