Manager, Human Resources
This role has full cycle accountability for the HR activities in the Chicago area. The HR Manager works closely with the market’s Leadership team to strategically align and manage all activities related to timely recruiting, retention, associate engagement, and employee relations. They provide counsel consistent with legal regulations and company policies and practices, advocating both company and associate concerns.
In a rapidly changing industry, the HR Manager executes the implementation and continual improvement of best-practice HR Business methodology. They work with market leadership and their Staffing Specialist to forecast and acquire the talent needed to support the operation’s current and future business ambitions. As the “people” expert, they identify and employ suitable activities to ensure staff engagement, development, and retention and serve as the local HR lead in driving a culture of performance consistent with the Peapod brand and culture.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree but MBA a plus
- 5-7 years in HR management, business administration, operations, or related field
- Data interpretation and analytical skills; sound business and financial acumen
- Change management expertise and solid problem solver
- Continuous Improvement mindset with a bias towards agile leadership
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, and customer service skills; ability to build and sustain working relationships
- Building followership and inspiring teams (direct reports) is a plus
- Ability to determine a solid path forward when dealing with ambiguity
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
Peapod offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts...and a discount on your groceries! You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Bachelor or better in Business Administration or related field.
Bachelor or better in Human Resource Administration or related field.
5-7 years: Human Resources Management