Manager, Organizational Change Management (Learning & Development) at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently in search of a high-performance individual with the experience to serve as a Learning & Development (L&D) Manager in the Operations Excellence practice aligned with our Organizational Change Management (OCM) offerings. This role will focus on development and execution of L&D strategies to support our clients’ aspirations along with supporting the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding consulting practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
We are looking for candidates with 8+ years of experience providing learning, instructional design, and workforce development value-add solutions in support of large-scale process and technology projects and other transformational initiatives. Additionally, we are seeking candidates that have supported Organizational Change Management functions for organizational transformations. Candidates should have experience in helping to develop and enhance supporting methodologies and tool sets, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., technology and industry-focused practices).
Successful candidates will have experience in the following types of activities at the Program and Project levels for complex trainings that lead to successful adoption of change:
- Finding and documenting learning and development needs, understanding audience characteristics that can affect learning, and developing tailored approaches
- Analyzing business value streams and processes, deriving and documenting cognitive and behavioral tasks, creating highly useable procedure documents (e.g. task analyses, job aids, how-to guides), and assessing learning needs
- Creating targeted, effective training strategies, plans, and curricula
- Developing robust, high-value training programs across a broad range of synchronous, asynchronous, and blended delivery methods (including e-learning capabilities)
- Creating and implementing tools and approaches for assessing cognitive, behavioral, and affective capabilities and learning outcomes
- Creating solutions to drive competency development at the individual level; promoting the skills and behaviors necessary to succeed in the future state
- Managing complex learning content development projects and tracking training development-related progress
- Coaching and developing training delivery team members on effective instructional communication, presentation, and classroom management skills
- Overseeing various training forums
- Effectively engaging senior leaders as sponsors of training
- Evaluating a broad range of learning technologies and tools to determine long-term value and learning effectiveness
- Assessing training results at multiple levels, including developing strategies for measuring business impact and return on training investments
Managers focused on learning & development and organizational change management at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- Provide expert learning and development delivery skills including:
- Identification of training needs and assessment of learner personas
- Lead training strategy, planning, and implementation efforts for technology and business training needs
- Program-level training understanding around material consistency, vendor management, training standards, Learning Management Systems
- Support all aspects of change management execution including the following:
- Identify issues and risks related to organizational change and develop mitigation plans
- Lead efforts to execute change management recommendations across areas such as vision/value definition and measurement, change communication, leadership engagement, organization alignment, and change sustainment
- Ensure the readiness of the client organization(s) for a variety of changes, including new technologies, upskilling due to automation and process optimization, mergers/acquisitions, new organization strategy or other change efforts
- Manage project economics, including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancement of the firm’s organizational change management methodologies, tools, and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers, and other related efforts
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
- Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal and informal feedback
- Coach and manage consultant-level resources and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top-quality consultants
- Lead the development of proposals and other efforts related to operations excellence, L&D, and organizational change management
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Learning & Development, Instructional Design, Psychology, Communications, Organizational Behavior, Organization Development, or similar fields)
- 8+ years of experience implementing L&D and change management solutions in support of large-scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to use L&D strategies to drive business development and create meaningful change in workforce capabilities
- Mastery of multiple content development tools, with preference for Articulate Studio 360, Adobe Presenter, and Adobe Captivate
- Experience with rapid content development tools, processes, and approaches
- Strong project management background, including work plan development, scheduling, resource management, pricing/estimation, scope, issue, and risk management experience
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of and ell L&D-related work to executive-level buyers
- Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal corporate change management group is preferred
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking, and/or Private Equity
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications and customer relations skills
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.