Manager of Staffing Strategy
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Develops a talent acquisition strategy that continually and proactively replenishes the candidate pipeline with “top talent” based on the hiring needs and market conditions.
- Responsible for creating and implementing best recruiting practices and processes within PDL
- Manages a team of recruiters within Peapod Digital Labs and ensures development of team members.
- Researches industry trends, conducts environmental scans and proactively predicts needs within the business to decrease time to fill in open roles.
- Manages the recruitment process by working closely with our business partners, Human Resources partners and Leadership Team to effectively plan hiring needs, sourcing candidates and interviewing.
- Responsible for recruitment marketing strategies for PDL, managing internal relationships and external vendor relationships as necessary to ensure the proper branding and employee value proposition.
- Negotiates with external vendors on contracts, utilizing NFR partnership where possible.
- Creates and manages the recruitment budget.
- Partner with recruiters on positions to assess and identify needed talent and collaboratively build effective sourcing strategies.
- Tracks recruitment metrics, analyzes for gaps, and provides updates to HR team on a quarterly basis or as requested.
- Provides expertise throughout the hiring process from job posting to selection of final candidate.
- Serves as subject matter expert and mentors talent acquisition recruiters and provides training to new hiring managers, recruiters, and sourcers, as needed.
- Attend job fairs, meetings, seminars, workshops and/or conferences as needed.
Work on ad hoc Talent Acquisition projects as assigned.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree.
- BS in HR, Business or related field required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in full life cycle talent acquisition with demonstrated experience in high volume talent acquisition and exempt and/or difficult to fill jobs.
- Minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience.
- Experience in managing talent acquisition teams preferred.
- Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong analytical skills, including use of data and problem-solving ability
- Strong project management skills, including measurement, reporting and analysis
- Prior experience developing and implementing talent acquisition plans, strategies and programs
- Must be a team player that demonstrates superior communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong proficiency in multi-tasking and handling multiple priorities
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills
- Successful track record in building and maintaining relationships at all levels of the organization
- Team leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Ability to supervise and provide lead direction around talent acquisition practices and procedures
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others doing development and implementation of HR staffing/talent acquisition processes and programs
- Ability to present new talent acquisition concepts to senior management
- Ability to influence, consult and negotiate with both internal customers and candidates
- Must possess a sense of urgency in handling day-to-day tasks and strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to deliver results with little supervision and will effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously, as deemed necessary
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.