At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible, and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. Our recruiters are building the team that enables our organization to be on the leading edge of change in healthcare and to make analytical, data-driven decisions. We're in a position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems and are growing rapidly to achieve these goals.
We are looking for an operations-savvy, results oriented HR manager. The Manager, Talent Operations will work closely with market and corporate leadership and managers to deliver talent support and execute on key business and people priorities. We seek a manager who will provide functional guidance and expertise and seamless service to managers and market leaders. This position will require the individual to demonstrate personal initiative, ownership, and accountability to effectively provide talent support to VMD Enterprise. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a track record of building meaningful relationships across all levels of an organization. Well-developed interpersonal skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence and flexibility will be integral to success in this role. Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all requirements for successful assimilation into our collaborative, entrepreneurial culture. You’ll be trusted to develop partnerships with our business managers and leaders with a focus on our core values of Getting Stuff Done, Innovation, and Building Relationships.
Some examples of work you will own in this role:
- Executing against key talent policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal employment law
- Managing complex employee relations issues; partnering with employees and managers to address any questions or concerns
- Reviewing, enhancing, and administering talent programs and services including compensation, leaves, accommodations, benefits and performance management and training
- Collaborating with Talent Acquisition team to facilitate an excellent new hire experience. Ensuring compliance with federal and state employment regulations
What will make you successful here?
- Proven ability to execute on foundational HR work such as employee relations, system audits and various talent programs
- Desire to be a hands-on manager with a track record of “rolling up your sleeves” to drive desired outcomes
- Deep experience in employment regulations, legislation and compliance
- Proven experience operating successfully within ambiguity; a results-oriented professional who can make sense of chaos to continually deliver desired results
- Demonstrated organizational skill and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal communication and critical problem-solving skills
- You can listen and understand the talent needs of our business partners and bring them to fruition
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, “outside the box” solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
- Based in Chicago, with an openness to travel up to 30-40%
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Excitement and passion for healthcare and being part of a close-knit, entrepreneurial team
- An aptitude for using data and reports to educate and influence leaders across the organization
- A minimum of five years of progressive HR experience; ideally within health care or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.