About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a Workforce Manager who will support the command center team on a variety of projects and assist team members in reporting, analysis, and workforce management. We’re super protective of our culture so leading by example is a must! It’s also important that you’re self-motivated and have a “whatever it takes” attitude. Oh and of course, providing stellar customer service is a must. This role will report to our Director, Workforce Management and Planning. Our contact center continues to grow by leaps and bounds and we’re looking for the right people to come in and help us become more efficient. We’re looking for someone who is ready to dive in and start helping out.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Collaborate with Workforce Management and Care Operations team to proactively manage workforce based on contact volumes, handle times, and staffing requirements for multiple departments within the Grubhub Care organization
- Validate and contribute to maintenance of long term staffing and hiring plans in support of SLAs, while working with our Command Center to ensure short term goals are met
- Conduct analysis on the impact to service level performance by adjusting specialist schedules to ensure adequate resource coverage
- Monitor and manage performance metrics to ensure workforce alignment with company goals and objectives
- Create a positive, team-focused environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgment, and communicating with transparency; identify and execute developmental opportunities for real time analysts.
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process
- Identify and connect process improvement opportunities and cross-functional projects, collaborating often with the Care Operations Leaders
You Should Have
- 3+ years of workforce management system experience
- Moderate Excel skills (index/match, sumifs, pivot tables, etc.)
- 5+ years of call center leadership experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- A willingness to learn and adapt and work in a high-volume environment
- Proven track record of successful process improvements
- A wide degree of creativity, it’s fun to work at Grubhub
- Ability to organize information and accurately follow procedures, with a strong attention to detail
- Collaborative nature matched with a drive to affect positive change
Got these? Even Better:
- SQL experience preferred
- Associates degree required
- Bachelor degree preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Paid Time Off - choose how your time is spent
- Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- 401K with a Grubhub match
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub credit for FREE food
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.