One North is looking for a positive and friendly team member who has a passion for interacting with colleagues across the business, enjoys keeping things organized and thrives in an environment where there is always a lot to do. While managing the day-to-day needs of the office, offering administrative support to Recruiting, Finance and HR, and being an extra set of hands for marketing initiatives, the Office Manager will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and help increase efficiencies at One North. A successful candidate will be highly attentive to detail and proactive. If you thrive in the hustle and bustle of a busy environment, then this is the role for you!
- Manage reception responsibilities, such as front desk coverage, daily mail distribution, etc.
- Manage overall appearance of One North’s office space, including wiping down desks, washing dishes in the sink and tidying up the office (rogue scooters are hazardous in the workplace!).
- Lead relationships with building facilities team and vendors, and manage office requests submitted by employees (ordering ID badges, communicating building announcements, etc.).
- Order food and snacks for meetings and special occasions, while staying on budget.
- Order office supplies and track inventory, keeping the office stocked and supply closet organized at all times.
- Perform occasional supply runs (sometimes Instacart can’t get donuts here fast enough!).
- Manage intra-office communications through email announcements, lounge monitors, SharePoint and other special requests.
- Greet potential candidates and clients as they enter the office at the reception desk, ensuring the meeting rooms are prepped and ready.
- Coordinate employee engagement programs, such as free lunches, happy hours and intermittent office activities and events.
- Research venues, prices, etc., to aid the Talent Team in planning events.
- This position will report to One North’s HR Generalist.
Talent/HR, Finance and Marketing Support:
- Partner with our finance team to provide support with payroll and other projects.
- Provide support to One North’s Recruiter, including editing and posting job descriptions, scheduling interviews with candidates and managing the candidate experience through email, phone and in-person office visits.
- Source candidates using various resources and tools, including social media, job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter and campus resources.
- Maintain deadlines and own the completion of short-term and long-term projects, reporting to Manager, Talent Development and Head of Marketing Communications for ad hoc projects.
- Assist Talent Team with miscellaneous needs – being a lean team, we are looking for someone who is willing to help with anything and everything (and always do so with a positive attitude).
- 1-4 years of Administrative, Office Management or related experience, with a majority of that at a growing or startup organization. Extra points for finance support experience!
- Attention to detail
- Thoughtful, proactive approach to projects
- Strong prioritization skills; our business moves quickly and requires multitasking and self-direction.
- Self-starter who can manage workload effectively with competing demands for time; comfortable working autonomously
- Strong written and oral communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite