Office Manager at Narrative Science
Narrative Science is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Office Manager to join the team in Chicago. Narrative Science creates software that writes stories from data to drive understanding and results. As the Office Manager, you’ll be a go-to person for our employees and have your hand in a variety of day-to-day office and administrative needs. You have a lot on your plate but you thrive in a versatile and fast paced environment. As someone who is collaborative, humble and takes ownership, you are the epitome of our Team First virtue and strive for the highest level of service.
- Create a welcoming and professional first impression of the company by greeting visitors, including prospective employees, customers and investors
- Oversee the ordering of weekly meals, snacks, beverages and supplies
- Maintain the office space to ensure common areas and conference rooms are tidy throughout the day and the kitchen is stocked
- Provide administrative support to our Executive Leadership Team including calendar management and travel arrangements
- Plan and execute internal and external events
- Schedule company interviews
- Post positions in our ATS (applicant tracking systems) and on external sites to ensure postings are current and updated across all channels
- Manage preparation for interviews and post-interview meetings
- Oversee onboarding process for new hires including pre-employment checks
- Schedule and route pre-employment assessment tests and results
- Administer and maintain HRIS system (e.g. Zenefits) including creation of new hires, updates, running reports
- Create and maintain employee files
- Support a variety of teams in ongoing initiatives as well as the implementation of goals, programs and policies
- Contribute to the company culture with an outgoing, fun and positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years of related experience
- Customer service experience with high service orientation
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong professional and work-ethic skills
- Previous logistical coordination or scheduling experience
- Proficiency with office technologies such as email, internet and Google Apps
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking and/or HR systems is a plus
ABOUT NARRATIVE SCIENCE
Narrative Science creates software that writes stories from data to drive understanding and results. Powered by artificial intelligence, our technology automatically turns data into easy-to-understand reports, transforms statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge.
Narrative Science works with customers including Deloitte, USAA, Credit Suisse, and members of the U.S. intelligence community, empowering them to understand and act on key business metrics, make better decisions and focus talent on higher-value tasks -- all through the power of data storytelling.
At Narrative Science, we embrace the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our future employees, colleagues, customers, partners and other stakeholders. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.