Office & Talent Coordinator at One North
One North, a digital agency recently acquired by TEKsystems Global Services®, is looking for a dynamic and driven Office & Talent Coordinator to join our team.
We help some of the world’s most complex organizations stand out from the crowd by delivering breakthrough brand experiences. Leveraging expertise across strategy, brand and experience design and technology, our experts use digital to reimagine how clients connect, communicate and engage with their audiences to win new business, strengthen client relationships, and attract and retain top talent.
Have you ever been described as the “go-to” point of contact to get things done? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where there’s never room to be bored? Are you searching for a role that’s not the same exact thing, day after day? If the answer to these questions is a resounding “YES,” then this is the opportunity for you!
As the connector of Employee Experience, Recruiting, HR and Office Management, the Office & Talent Coordinator role is incredibly high-touch in the organization, and the support they provide is critical to our operations. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, gritty, entrepreneurial and thrives by creating order in chaos. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys staying busy, is detail-oriented and organized, enjoys working closely with others to solve problems, while also possessing the drive to push self-directed projects through to completion.
(Note: One North is primarily working remotely during the pandemic, but in-office responsibilities will eventually be part of this role.)
• Manage the new hire onboarding process, becoming new hires’ primary point of contact and their introduction to One North. Schedule orientation meetings, prepare new hire materials and manage associated logistics.
• Coordinate Lunch & Learns; create and update internal events calendar.
• Facilitate employee engagement programs, such as free lunches, happy hours and occasional office activities and events.
• Facilitate the communication of action items required internally for any change in employee status – including new hires, contractors, promotions, role changes and departures – while tracking completion of tasks.
• Research venues, catering, pricing etc., to plan events.
• Update company intranet with documents, reminders, training materials, templates, birthdays and more.
• Coordinate bi-weekly All-Company Meetings.
• Develop and understanding of company operating structure, and when appropriate, direct employee inquiries to the proper team or individual for assistance.
• Help drive Values Council culture initiatives throughout the company.
• Assist colleagues with ad hoc needs – we are looking for someone who is willing to help with anything and everything.
• Manage reception responsibilities, such as front desk coverage, daily mail distribution, welcome display updates, etc.
• Be present at the front desk to greet visitors and receive deliveries from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, and coordinate front desk coverage when you are away.
• Ensure all scheduled visitors are added to the building’s security system prior to their arrival.
• Manage overall appearance of One North’s office space, including wiping down desks and white boards, washing dishes in the sink, tracking repairs that may be needed, tidying up the office and preparing meeting rooms.
• Lead relationships with building facilities team and vendors, and manage office requests submitted by employees (ordering ID badges, communicating building announcements, etc.).
• Order food and snacks for meetings and special occasions, while staying on budget.
• Order office supplies and track inventory, keeping the office (and its beverage refrigerator) stocked and the supply closet organized at all times.
• Perform occasional supply runs (sometimes Instacart can’t get donuts here fast enough!).
• Manage intra-office communications through email announcements, lounge monitors, SharePoint and other special requests.
• Assist employees with day-to-day requests, connect employees with the appropriate TEKsystems support team, and escalate issues when necessary.
• Assist with all onsite interviews, including front-desk reception and hospitality, interview room preparation, and keeping the interviewing team organized and on schedule.
• Administrative support with PeopleSoft
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 1 or more years of Administrative, HR, Office Management or related experience, with a majority of that at a growing or startup organization
• Attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and an unfaltering positive attitude
• Professional communication skills and presence
• Thoughtful, proactive approach to projects
• Strong prioritization and organization skills; our business moves quickly and requires multitasking and self-direction
• Self-starter who can manage workload effectively with competing demands for time
• Resourceful, comfortable working autonomously and utilize good judgement when making decisions
• Trustworthiness and discretion with confidential information
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite