We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Operations Recruiter in Chicago, IL to join our innovative and passionate team
The Operations Recruiter will be responsible for all recruiting/talent acquisition requirements on behalf of Guaranteed Rate, including all positions within, but not limited to, retail banking, lending operations and corporate administration. The Operations Recruiter will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment responsibilities and ensuring that all activities and processes comply with all Guaranteed Rate policies and all applicable employment laws and regulations.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We have tons of energy and we love what we do – get people great priced mortgages and wow them with our impeccable customer service. Also, our location rocks – right off the brown line. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $25 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day with wifi, two bars, music, grills, fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday…. Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc.. And you’ll play a role in making the fun happen!
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
So what do we want from you?
- Responsible for all full-cycle recruitment/talent acquisition responsibilities, including gathering all pre-recruiting requirements, recruiting, interviewing, negotiating offers and on-boarding of new employees.
- Partner with hiring managers and key stakeholders within functional departments to understand current and future staffing needs.
- Create and execute recruiting strategies to attract the best available talent for each position. This may require the development of creative, non-traditional recruiting strategies.
- Formulate recruiting strategies for maintaining a constant quality pipeline for high volume positions.
- Track and measure performance metrics related to recruiting activities to maximize effectiveness (cost per hire, time to hire, etc.)
- Represent Guaranteed Rate within the local community at events such as job fairs, campus recruiting events, and networking events.
- Maintain a high level of communication and relationships with all business units.
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- 3+ years full cycle recruiting/talent acquisition experience is required; previous experience with high volume recruiting within a banking/mortgage environment is preferred.
- Previous experience working in both corporate and agency recruiting environments is desired.
- Proven experience in recruiting candidates at all levels.
- Strong computer skills, internet based recruiting platforms and web based recruiting.
- Previous experience working with applicant tracking systems desired
- High level communication skills required in all manners (in person, phone, writing ability)
- Ability to demonstrate and understand the regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in directly identifying candidates using traditional and non-traditional methods.
- Experience with a broad range of recruitment tools including web-based, candidate search databases, and social media.
- Knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws pertaining to employment.
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills with a consultative approach when partnering with hiring managers.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills required.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.