Operations Specialist, Talent & Culture
The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company's infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
The Role: We believe that people are our most important asset. Our people—through their creativity, talent, and willingness to learn—are essential to the success of our company. As an HR Generalist, you will provide a great service experience to employees and managers needing assistance from HR; and to make other HR professionals on the team more productive by supporting their projects and day-to-day process tasks. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Serve as the front line for HR-related questions and inquiries from employees and managers. Research and craft complete and accurate responses to their questions and/or guide them through typical HR processes as needed. Escalate more complex situations to other HR domain experts as appropriate.
• Identify, implement, and continually improve the internal customer service processes, procedures, and infrastructure necessary to enable a global HR “help desk” capability and deliver a first class customer experience.
• Establish and promote a learning culture and dynamic that continuously cross-trains and transfers knowledge between team members.
• As a central resource with a unique cross-team view of activities and repetitive work practices, continually scan for, and surface, inefficiencies and opportunities to streamline practices across the HR function.
• Lead and successfully execute “projects” on behalf of, or in partnership with, other HR professionals in areas such as HR analytics, HR process improvements, research, organizational change, information management, HRIS, and communications.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to develop professionally and improve team/department effectiveness (i.e., don’t wait to be invited)
• Contribute to a great work environment within the AskHR team and beyond.
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
• 1-2 years of professional experience and a proven track record in HR or in a service, project management, or analytic function.
• Desire to learn the HR domain
• Proven ability to learn quickly, behave professionally, and proactively take responsibility.
• Ability to work collaboratively or on an independent basis.
• Demonstration of a high level of discretion and candor relating to sensitive or confidential information.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems on a strategic level.
• Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity