The Payroll Administrator will perform wide variety of record-keeping and payroll-processing activities while ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
What you'll do:
- Prepares and executes biweekly payroll for over 3,000 exempt and non-exempt multi state employees.
- Performs all necessary activities to process in-house payroll including but not limited to: analyzing, preparing and submitting payroll data for new and current employees, benefit deductions, tax information, and garnishments.
- Administers and evaluates time sheets, helps managers resolve time sheet discrepancies.
- Processes special payments including but not limited to monthly commissions, bonus, and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), referral bonus, retro pay, vacation, sick, personal and holiday pay, on demand payment.
- Prepares and processes off-cycle payrolls such as stock options, expense payrolls, manual checks, and ACH fixes.
- Responds to all employee inquiries.
- Handles payroll related matters such as garnishments, tax levies, bankruptcy cases.
- Conducts regular payroll audits and reconciliations to ensure the integrity of the payroll database.
- Supports senior payroll administrator in filing quarterly and monthly tax returns.
- Supports senior payroll administrator with year-end W2 preparation including but not limited to: processing, balancing, adjustments and amendments.
- Works on special projects.
- Act as a liaison for employee changes and other payroll related matters.
- Act as a backup to senior payroll administrator.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or related field preferred)
- 2-4 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office – especially excel
- Experience processing in-house bi-weekly payrolls with more than 3000 employees a plus
- Prior experience with Paylocity Web Pay, and Time and Labor a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment