Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for assisting the Payroll department in the daily operations of our multi-state payroll process and provide support to all areas of the payroll function. Must have ADP Workforce Now experience, including report writing and Time and Attendance.
- Manage the payroll cycle activities for a multi-company employer with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness using ADP Workforce Now Payroll software.
- Comply with federal, state and local pay and tax regulations, garnishment rules and other legal requirements.
- Review and verify payroll documents for compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Input and audit time files and payroll entries by using uploads or manual entry to the Workforce Now payroll system.
- Identify, research and resolve all payroll-related inquiries and issues in a timely manner to ensure accuracy of records and employee payments.
- Field all Payroll questions with professional and friendly customer service.
- Act as inter-departmental and intra-departmental liaison for questions and problems relating to payroll areas of specialization.
- Recommend and participate in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations, utilizing knowledge of state, federal and local policies and regulations.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- May assist with Canadian payroll.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of multi-state and Canadian payroll experience in a large organization.
- Experience working with a payroll processing software, or a Payroll Service Bureau – ADP required.
- Working knowledge of Time & Labor systems and Salary Overtime systems.
- Experience in processing hourly, salaried non-exempt and exempt payrolls.
- Familiarity of Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service environments.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and possess strong analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines prioritize workload and make necessary adjustments to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with a positive and proactive attitude.
- High school diploma/equivalent and work experience in a large organization.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll processing software.
Donnelley Financial Solutions is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable national laws.