About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
The Payroll Accountant is responsible for the end-to-end payroll processing for Guaranteed Rate, Inc.’s non-exempt employees (overtime eligible) operating across 40+ states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tracking and auditing of employee timecards for compliance with established company standards.
- Instruct employees on timekeeping system and payroll practices.
- Works with a sense of urgency to ensure payroll completeness and accuracy.
- Effectively communicates to employees and stakeholders on payroll deadlines to insure a timely processing of bi-monthly payroll.
- Responds to employee inquiries.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Is ready to work for one the coolest companies in Chicago!
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment, yet also able to work independently with limited supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree preferred
- 1-3+ years solid experience with payroll processing and time keeping software
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce a plus though not required
- Familiar with state and federal tax and wage laws
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.