Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
Performs all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
What you Will Do
- Process payroll for hourly and salary employees/ having knowledge of processing contractor's payroll is a plus
- Monitor banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays
- Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Maintains payroll system and processes payroll, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax form processing, local taxes, and garnishment processing.
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- Conduct semi-annual audits of all payroll records
- Reconcile General ledger regarding payroll transactions
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns in a timely manner
- Work with line managers regarding inquiries, issues and procedures affecting payroll
- Communicate with HR teams to make necessary changes/updates to accounts
What You Will Need
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or relevant experience
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- 3 years+ direct payroll experience
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment; eager and quick to learn
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.