Payroll Specialist at Maven Wave, an Atos Company
Who We Are!
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Maven Wave helps leading companies make the shift to digital and shorten the fuse to innovation. We combine the expertise of top-tier consulting with the agility of a cutting-edge technology firm. This multidisciplinary blend of skills allows us to create unique digital advantages for our clients. Maven Wave’s digital solutions are agile, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud.
Maven Wave, Google, and YOU:
This position will ensure the accurate and timely payment to employees, and the system-wide implementation of best practices, process improvements, and payroll system efficiencies. This position is responsible for ensuring U.S. and Canada payroll is in compliance with Maven Wave’s policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
Your Life As A Maven:
- Analyze, audit, reconcile and resolve payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing under only general supervision
- Ensure accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, garnishments/liens and company deductions
- Performs gross-to-net payroll calculation and the release and distribution of payroll checks
- Reconcile reimbursable expenses to general ledger accounts, and project management system
- Generates special “off-cycle” payroll runs for bonus checks and “ad-hoc” payments as required
- Reconcile and maintain all journal entries between ADP system and accounting system,
- Reconciliation of outbound cash draws to ADP with the cash flow from the company’s bank accounts,
- Generates, reviews, audits and analyzes ad-hoc reports as needed by management and the operations teams.
- Process independent contractor payments, reconciliations and reporting including year end 1099 reporting.
- Serves as key employee contact to resolve issues regarding payroll, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other pay related issues
- Researches current and pending regulations affecting payroll and advises management of any changes required; assists in ensuring payroll practices remain compliant with all federal, state, and location regulations
- Further develop global/regional payroll strategy, to ensure effectiveness, process efficiency, and financial Improvements
- Act as admin for 401(k) including filing of Form 5500, maintaining distribution requests, managing annual testing and compliance notifications and coordination of audit.
- Key owner of headcount reporting across the NA cloud practice using multiple data points.
- Responsible for auditing benefit bills and reconciliation based on headcount in arrears.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 5+ years of work experience and extensive background and knowledge of full cycle payroll process
- Ability to work independently and adopt a proactive approach to resolving complex payroll issues
- High degree of customer service focus experience
- Ability to perform under pressure in meeting payroll deadlines
- Functional knowledge of Human Resource business process of payroll, benefits, compensation, and employee relations
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Experience with workforce reporting using Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with HRIS and payroll processing systems, preferably ADP WorkforceNow or similar.
- Excellent ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
- Aptitude - You have an innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Communication - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Impact - You are a critical thinker with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Passion - You have the drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership - You are trusted, empathetic, accountable, and empower others around you.
Why We’re Proud To Be Mavens!
- Google Cloud North America Services Partner of the Year 2019, 2018, 2017
- #21 Best Workplaces in Chicago, FORTUNE, 2018
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work, 2017 & 2018
- Fast Fifty, Crain's Chicago Business
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR)
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year
Ready to Learn More?
- Digital Transformation at Maven Wave
- Check out our Corporate Team
- See what Glassdoor has to say
- Real Customer Stories