Payroll Specialist at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Are you passionate about people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced high-energy environment? Do you love food and enjoy exploring different restaurants? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
The Payroll Specialist works on a small, dynamic team to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of Grubhub’s employee payroll and HR related record keeping. They partner with the People team as well as with individual department managers to ensure that payroll processing runs smoothly and accurately and that Grubhub’s HR related record keeping is compliant, timely and easy to access.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Payroll Related Responsibilities
- Process payroll for up to 1,000 employees, including new hire setup, terminations and ancillary payments/checks
- Manage change requests in HRIS system (UltiPro)
- Help with 401k reconciliation
- Respond to employment verification and wage audits
- Set up and manage employee wage garnishments
- Keep up-to-date on payroll tax regulation
HR/Record Keeping Responsibilities
- Time & Attendance system administration, manage employee time cards
- Ad hoc reporting – birthdays, demographic reports, turnover, etc.
- Maintain all electronic personnel files
You Should Have
- 3+ years payroll and HR administration experience
- Excel skills
- Familiarity with federal and multi-state payroll
regulations, HR record keeping and compliance
- Proactive problem solver with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Driven and highly motivated person who can work independently and part of a dynamic team
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.