Payroll Specialist at Enova
Are you fully engaged at work?
Think back to your last job. Did your work ever feel...less than challenging? Enova team members don’t have that problem. We’re regularly solving complex problems that directly impact the business and help grow our skills at the same time. When we talk to our team members, they tell us they’ve broken through personal and professional barriers thanks to the mission-driven work they’re tackling and the support from their manager and team. Where else can you level up your skills by working on fresh, interesting challenges every day? We want to celebrate your wins with you. This is the core of Enova.
About The Role:
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for reviewing the bi-weekly payroll for Enova’s salary and hourly domestic pay groups. The Payroll Specialist will work closely with Enova’s payroll vendor to ensure that Enova’s employees are paid timely and accurately. The Specialist is also responsible for ensuring that the payroll process is in compliance with company policies, government regulations and reporting requirements.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Gather all of the necessary data from other Enova departments that should be included on the pay cycle and ensure data is accurately reflected in the payroll system
- Work with outsourced wage garnishment team to ensure all child support payments, wage assignments, and garnishments are completed and in compliance
- Review bi-weekly payroll reports and provide all audit documents to the AP and Payroll Manager for final approval
- Develop/run reports for accounting reconciliations, workers compensation and 401k external audits and other reports for various departments for analysis
- Maintain timely responses to employee payroll issues in the Payroll Issues tracking system, JIRA
- Audit employee transfers between legal entities to ensure that employees are receiving the correct amount of pay and tax withholdings
- Research and resolve employee pay issues by working with internal departments and communicating issues to external vendor;
- Update and streamline internal processes/procedures for compliance and efficiency
We’re Excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of Payroll experience
- Ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and handle multiple assignments
- Proficient use of computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Experience with Workday Finance and HCM a plus
- Ability to work overtime when needed, during peak periods
- The Payroll Specialist should have a strong technical payroll knowledge including experience with payroll taxes, garnishments, workers compensation, and timecard reporting.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.