People Benefits Specialist at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
People (HR) Benefits Specialist
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge and additional exposure to many areas of human resources? Have you previously thrived in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? project44 seeks a detail-oriented, organized, and people-focused People (HR) Benefits Specialist to join us in building the destination for diverse, world-class talent. Every day our team strives to amplify team member careers and deliver exceptional outcomes, and we need your help fulfilling that mission. Apply for the opportunity to work in an environment where your ideas are encouraged, contributions matter, and you are part of the bigger picture.
Responsibilities: What you’ll do
- Ensure the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors and employees with accurate eligibility information.
- Assist with new-hire orientation on benefits
- Perform quality checks of benefits-related data
- Assist employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes
- Distribute all benefits enrollment materials and determine eligibility
- Enroll employees with carriers and process life status changes
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other general inquiries
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA
- Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment
- Assist with the open enrollment process
- Provide necessary reports for allocation/billing charges
Requirements: The experience you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in human resources administration and/or operations, delivering a high-quality experience for team members
- SaaS company experience or start-up environment is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- HRIS data administration experience required – UltiPro is a plus
- Benefits carrier portal experience preferred, but not required
- Detail-oriented and organized, with attention to accuracy
- Top-notch communicator and team player, always willing to collaborate with others
- Autonomous, self-disciplined, proactive, and solutions-focused with experience excelling in a dynamic, fluid, and fast-paced environment
- Results-driven, responsive, and adaptable
- Quickly able to establish rapport and build trusting relationships
- Able to obsess over the customer, practice real talk, roll up your sleeves, your actions live up to words, and you share the wheel
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.