People Business Partner (HR & Recruiting) at Buildout, Inc.
Everything we do at Buildout starts and ends with our people.
In our company, we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value the team, it means that we put our team above everything else. It’s no coincidence that Team is also our very first core value. As members of the People Team, we are the champions of Buildout culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every candidate has an incredible experience, every team member is successful from day one and every department has the people and support they need to meet and exceed their goals. In this role, you must be willing to dive in where needed, be comfortable pivoting between HR and Recruiting, and be a bar raiser in the areas of HR and Recruiting. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies with negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 four years in a row.
As a People Business Partner (HR & Recruiting), you’ll play a key role in supporting our efforts to build and maintain a high-touch People team. You’ll learn about our business and departments while having a direct impact on current and future employees within our company. While your role will primarily focus on recruiting, you should be willing to dive in where needed and be comfortable pivoting between talent acquisition, employee relations, culture, etc. as the situation requires.
We’re looking for someone with past experience in talent acquisition and HR within a high-growth technical company (tools, best practices, relevant laws, etc.), and a strategic lens (connecting day-to-day work with bigger picture organizational objectives).
This role is perfect for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you’re comfortable wearing many hats, and you’re looking for a company where your contributions will have a direct impact on the growth of the department and the company.What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- This is a highly valued role so you should have at least 4+ years of experience in a talent acquisition and HR generalist role within a start-up or similar fast-paced SaaS environment with at least two years of experience in technical recruiting.
- You should have experience creating and executing innovative sourcing strategies and recruiting campaigns with a focus in DEI recruitment strategies to ensure we are building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- You have an intrinsic motivation to take on new responsibilities; proactively partnering with teams and individuals to remove blockers and fulfill immediate hiring needs while contributing to the overall talent acquisition and people strategies.
- You should have excellent project management skills with a proven ability to execute on people strategies in partnership with the VP of People.
- You should be knowledgeable of basic employment laws and interviewing best practices (behavioral and functional).
- You should have a strong degree of proficiency in Applicant Tracking and HRIS Systems such as Greenhouse and BambooHR.
- You will run a rigorous full-cycle recruiting process from sourcing, screening, virtual/onsite interviews, to negotiating and closing offers with the highest degree of professionalism and an emphasis on the candidate experience.
- You will build and maintain a strong hiring process for all assigned roles and partner with hiring managers to offer your insight as a talent acquisition subject matter expert. In addition, you’ll continuously look for areas of opportunity to make improvements, conducting experiments to uncover optimal hiring strategies, and making successful changes to our strategies and processes based on data.
- You will partner closely with the VP of People to manage all People policies including resolving employee relations inquiries, talent management and employee experience initiatives, such as performance reviews, succession planning, employee experience surveys, etc.
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.