Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a Senior People Business Partner to directly support our teams. As a member of the People Partner team, you will provide HR support across the client group in areas including organizational design, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, and employee relations.You will:
- Provide frontline support to leaders and employees, acting as a one-stop contact for all strategies related to people in your assigned functional teams, managing both big ideas and some tiny tasks
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent
- Demonstrate an understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward
- Consult with leaders to help them navigate through employee issues so they understand the different risks and benefits of different scenarios to make the best decision possible for the organization
- Contribute to the Employee Experience and help us champion our Flexport culture
- 3-5 years of progressive HR experience, with 3+ years in an HRBP role or equivalent role
- A passion for people: you should think smart, thoughtful, be emotionally intelligent, and be excited to bring out the best in people
- Demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management
- A people-centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style
- Good judgment and discretion; the ability to maintain confidentiality
- An approachable and calm demeanor: your presence is reassuring and you can help people accomplish what is required by the business. You aren't afraid to weigh the options, influence decision making, and make recommendations. You accept change and are resilient, as well as adaptable to meet the nuanced needs of various partners
- The ability to engage, inspire, and influence people across diverse groups and levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally at all levels (big plus if you have supported Global or Sales Teams!)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, and how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.